Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Pictures!

I have a few pictures here of my recent sewing. First, a picture of the daisy dress I did for my Granddaughter:
And here is a close up of the flowers I sewed on the front of the dress:
It's not too easy to see them in the picture, but I think they are really cute on the dress!

Last night I sat down and finished a blouse for myself. First, I made it out of cotton. I should realize that I don't own any work blouses that are made of quilter's cotton, so why I would try and make one that way I just don't know. On the plus side, I learned (remembered) a few more things about putting patterns together and I'm happy about that. On the negative side, the armhole lining just sticks out. I do need to tack it at the top and bottom, but I just don't think that will help. I'm going to have to do some research on techniques and see what I can improve. But, here is the picture:
The colors are pretty (it's really more of a teal green), but it's just not a style for me.

To try and cheer up a bit, I did cut out the pattern pieces for the vintage dress I really want to do and ironed the muslin to get ready for that. I've been reading up on fitting and I want to try to do some measurements and fit the top of the dress nicely (not too tight!) and then buy the nice material to make the real thing!

No comments: