Saturday, February 04, 2012

Fun Weekend

Luckily both my husband and I were mostly over our sickness before the weekend festivities. We went with a fun group in a limo down to Stone Brewery for one of our friend's birthday (it was a surprise from his wife). We had a great time overall with the whole trip and it was a blast to see the brewery. And they are even building a beer hotel across the street from their brewery as well!! As much as I enjoy wine, I really like brewing beer and the very good varieties from microbreweries. Speaking of which, I don't know if I posted or not, but we have a Belgium ale in the carboy right now. We brewed two weeks ago, so we should be testing it this week (but I doubt it will be ready to bottle). We actually used a kit for this one, but it should be good. Our last one, a triple IPA (my recipe!) is bottle ready and is really good. And we're looking at doing a spiced wheat beer next. Not sure yet, but my husband wants to try some spices so we are looking into what we want to do.

On a creative note, I finished the chemo hat for my friend today. I usually make them for people just for the cost of the yarn, but they discontinued the yarn I've been using. So I really need to find a replacement. This one is really soft, which is nice for someone going through chemo. I need to find something soft and washable. I will have to look into it carefully. As for the other hat (my pattern), I finished one for the same friend who has another friend going through some kind of medical problem. They don't know what it is, but she's not doing well and losing her hair and very self conscious about it. So, I thought the nice slouchy hat would be nice for her. And this weekend (during the Superbowl), I plan to start on the slouchy hat for myself (in a lovely green -  not bright, just pretty).

I'll have to post more later. The baby is asleep and everyone is heading to bed. It's only 8pm!! I'll go upstairs and read. . .or knit. . .or watch some bad television. I'll decide when my husband finishes mixing my drink to take upstairs (It's martini night - I ran 7.5 miles today so I earned it!).

No comments: