Tuesday, February 21, 2012

New Projects

So, first I made the skirt from Vogue 8750. I knew after washing the material that it wasn't going to work out like I had hoped. But the material was fairly inexpensive so I thought it would be a good learning processes. I did some alterations on the pattern and I sewed up most of it. I have to say I'm pleased how the alterations worked and my top stitching looked good. I even put in a zipper in the back! But, I sewed a size too small (I know, read the measurement, not what I would like to be!), so between the size and the material it's just not a wearable item. But, I felt good that some things worked out so on I went to the next project!

My pajama top to match the new bottoms I just made. I used Butterick 5432. I know the picture looks a little blue, but it's really black!
It was a simple pattern. Two pieces and easy seams. But I was pretty happy I could stitch the stretchy material!

Then Sunday, I decided to try the blouse from McCalls 6078. It may be just a bit big, but it's better bigger than smaller! But it was easy as well and I'm pretty pleased at the way it turned out. I even wore it to work the next day!


Okay, don't mind myself in the picture. My husband took it and I asked him to just take the blouse. I didn't have on any make-up or did anything nice with my hair. But, oh well! For the next pictures I do post, I plan to take them with my new camera and hopefully they will be a lot better! Maybe I'll set up an area to take pictures in just so I can get the right color of the material!

On another note, I took out my older serger last night. Cleaned it up and test it and it works! I'm quite excited about that as well! I hope to make a couple of things this week, but that will depend on my kids since some of the items are things I bought to teach them to make. But, payday is Friday, and I'm already anxious to buy some more material for the upcoming weeks!!

No comments: