Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Sewing!

It's like having an old friend come back to visit. I have not sewn anything for over 12 years, and yet when I went through the yardage store the other day with my daughter I was inspired to pick it back up again. The only problem is that I lost the power cord for my good sewing just over 12 years ago when we moved. I've tried in the past to get a replacement, only to be told it would cost $150 to do so. So, it just wasn't that important. But now, being inspired again, it is important! First, I looked up new sewing machines and found I could get a basic one for $80, and almost bought it right then (good thing I don't get paid for another couple of weeks or I probably would have!). In the meantime, I decided to see if I could find that cord again (maybe used someplace. . .) and I found a "universal" power cord for my brand of machine (Bernina) that looks like it should work - for only $16.95! So, I ordered it. And I am hoping that it works. If not, I may try to find a store that sells Berninas and see if they can help in. But, in preparation, I bought a few patterns (of course a sun dress for my Granddaughter!) and some material. It's washed and ready to be ironed. My kids are both excited as well since they want to learn to sew. So, I'll take a different pattern for each girl and walk them through the steps. I'm just ready to have that cord in hand now!

While waiting, I did start knitting my slouchy hat though. It's such a lovely yarn and I'm doing mine in this beautiful green yarn. I'll post a picture of that when I'm done. And I'm still on the lookout for that special sweater pattern to use my gift certificate for yarn from my good friend. So many fun projects to do!

No comments: