Thursday, January 26, 2012

Sick

Well, I actually had a really good weekend, surrounded by sickness on both sides. On Friday I had to take off work to go be with my older daughter in the ER. She would have gone to her doctor, but he was not in that day. Then she would have gone to an urgent care center, but there is not one in her network (what is that all about?!). So, we went to the hospital she had the baby at (very nice place). We spent the full day there, but at least she's okay. It was a burst ovarian cyst. Very painful, but at least it wasn't her appendix. So, feeling relieved that everything was okay, I got up Saturday and baked some fresh bread and healthy muffins. And Sunday I did a long run and brewed some beer (Belgium Dubbel - should be good). But the high was not to last. My daughter ended up bringing the stomach flu home from the hospital and was throwing up Sunday. And boy did that flu go around the family. It got her husband next, then me, my husband and is still with my youngest. It's fast moving though!! But I'm still not able to eat right, and so therefore do not have the energy to run or workout. But I'm not going to let it get me down (especially since I had a good workout on Monday). Besides, I have a birthday party that I'm going to this weekend at a brewery (it's a surprise party, and although I seriously doubt the person reads my blog, I won't put anything more about it in here now), so I need to save up my energy for that! I'm sure I'll be posting more next week on that trip, and hopefully on my runs and knitting as well (didn't even feel like knitting while I was sick).

No comments: