Sunday, March 28, 2010

I placed!

This weekend I ran the Women Running Wild 5k race in Palm Springs with my friend Bev and her daughter. We all came in within seconds of each other (with Tracy coming in first), but I got lucky and the people in my age bracket were a bit slower. So that meant that I actually won by placing second for my age! Not too bad. Actually, I was pretty excited. The race was a hometown race to raise money for breast cancer, so there were no chips or anything for timing. And of course, being the anal type of person that I am, I had my timer on and checked and was 10 second behind in crossing the starting line. But that's okay, because the time they have for my race (25:48) is still my pr!

Here is a picture of me with my tile award!
Here is one of Bev, Tracy and me.
And one of Jim and me waiting for the awards to be given out!

No comments: