Wednesday, March 14, 2012

New Dress

I finished a couple of dresses over the last two weeks. First, I'm rather proud of how they both turned out. The red one is fully lined and I did a muslin first to check the fitting. I let the pattern out a bit, and then had to take it in just a little in the bodice to fit. I think I'm going to have to learn to alter the more fitting dresses to be a half size larger in the hips! But, that said, I also found that I don't like just quickly taking pictures of the dresses. The red one (which I am posting a picture of now), turned out okay. The green vintage dress I feel wonderful in, but the picture looked completely frumpy! My husband is going to try taking another picture tonight, but I'm disheartened by it. I go from, "I should work out more and eat less," to "I should be happy that I'm within my weight limits and I already run 12-15 miles a week and do weight and ab workouts." I want to go home tonight and have nachos and wine, but that *really* defeats the purpose and will make me feel worse. So, I will continue on my path, and see if maybe I can take better pictures, and do something better with my make-up! I sure want to look girly and pretty, but I'm just not there. At least not in recent pictures!

This is made from Vogue 8648. I sewed a size 12, letting out a bit more at the hips.

I won't post the other picture right now. But I will say that my Mother said I should try standing to the side and posing more like those models do - not to be a model, but to help the lay of the dress!

No comments: